The Princetown Railway was a 10¼ mile single track branch railway line in Devon, England, that ran from Yelverton on the Plymouth to Tavistock line, to Princetown via four intermediate stations, Dousland, Burrator and Sheepstor Halt, Ingra Tor Halt and King Tor Halt.
The line opened in 1883 and most of the traffic came from carrying prisoners, prison officers, and supplies for Dartmoor Prison, with some traffic from the quarries near the line, and also some excursion traffic.
Prisoners destined for the prison were no longer conveyed by the route after 1930 except during and just after World War 2, as the Southern Railway route to Tavistock and a road connection were more convenient. Two more halts (King Tor and Ingra Tor) were opened (in 1928 and 1936 respectively) to counter competition from local bus services and encourage tourist traffic.
The line closed in 1956.
Burrator Reservoir was constructed in 1898 to supply water to the city of Plymouth.